- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 cup frozen sliced carrots or diced
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 28 oz
- 4 cups beef broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup 100% whole grain elbow noodles
- parmesan cheese grated, as topping, optional
- Add all ingredients except elbow noodles and parmesan in a slow cooker. It helps to break up the ground beef into small chunks but it can also be done at the end if desired.
- Cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- Make sure heat is on high. Add pasta. Stir. Cover and cook 12-15 minutes. Check pasta for doneness. (Pasta is done when it is al dente or to the desired doneness.) Cook longer if necessary, in 5 minute increments.
- Serve in bowls with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Freezer Meal Instructions
- To use as a freezer meal, add all ingredients except pasta and cheese in a 1 gallon zip top bag. Label and freeze. When ready to cook, remove bag and place frozen contents in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours. Add water and noodles about 30 minutes before serving and turn to high. Serve when noodles are al dente. Top with cheese if desired.