This healthy Tomato-Broccoli Casserole recipe not only tastes great straight from the oven, but it also freezes beautifully! So if you’re making one, you might as well make two!
This recipe was adapted from thekitchn.com.
- 1 lb 100% whole grain bowtie pasta
- 1 lb frozen broccoli steam in bag preferred
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 15 oz
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 can chickpeas 15 oz, drained
- 1 container ricotta cheese 15 oz
- 3 egg
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 cup mozzarella grated, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh basil chopped
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain.
- Cook broccoli according to package directions. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix cooked pasta, cooked broccoli, tomatoes, garlic, chickpeas, ricotta, eggs, salt, pepper, and 1 cup mozzarella. Spread into greased 13X9 baking dish. Top with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until set. Remove from oven and top with basil.