Notes from our tester on this healthy slow cooker baked spaghetti: “I haven’t made spaghetti in forever. It used to be a family favorite, but somehow we’ve gotten out of it, maybe it was standing over the simmering sauce all afternoon. Or maybe it was the two pots, a strainer & countless spoons that I’d dirty up. Using the slow cooker for this is absolute genius & so much easier than constantly checking your pot on the stove.”
Family dinner, potlucks, meal prep, carb loading… there is never a time when this recipe will not apply, and apply deliciously. When you can “bake” healthy spaghetti right in your slow cooker, it’s very hands off and convenient. If you’re using your noodle, you’ll make this healthy slow cooker baked spaghetti soon, and often.
- 2 jars marinara no sugar listed ingredients, 24 oz each
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 bag frozen diced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt divided
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil or fresh
- 1 lb 100% whole grain spaghetti noodles
- 2 cups spinach chopped, optional, for garnish
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 cups mozzarella grated
- 3 Tbsp fresh basil thinly sliced into ribbons
- Add pasta sauce, meat, bell peppers, onions, garlic, salt, oregano, and basil to slow cooker. Stir well. Cook on low 5 hours. Add noodles and spinach and 2 cups water to slow cooker. Stir well and assure all pasta is covered. Cook on high 30-40 min., or until noodles are cooked.
- In a blender, combine cream cheese, ricotta cheese, and salt. Drop by spoonfuls over the spaghetti. Spread in an even layer on top of pasta mixture. Top with mozzarella. Replace lid. Cook on low 20 min or on high 10 min.
- Top with fresh basil.
This Post Has 2 Comments
This looks very good!