4 out of 5 vegans agree that this healthy Thai Curry Vegetable Noodle Soup is da bomb. (Ok I made that statistic up but if it’s incorrect, it’s probably incorrect because 5 out of 5 agree. Ha!)
This recipe was adapted from budgetbytes.com
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger grated
- 2 Tbsp red curry paste no sugar listed in ingredients, such as Barbaras
- 1 each sweet potato small, diced
- 1 each baby bok choy small head, diced, divided
- 4 cups vegetable broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 can coconut milk full fat, 13 oz
- 1/2 Tbsp vegan fish sauce see notes
- 2 tsp honey or agave
- 4 oz 100% Whole Wheat Vermicelli Noodles
- 1/2 each red onion diced, optional, for garnish
- 1 each lime wedged, optional, for garnish
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped, optional, for garnish
- hot sauce optional, to taste
- Heat oil in a large stockpot. Add curry paste, garlic and ginger, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in diced sweet potato. Add bok choy stalks and broth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and let simmer 5-7 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are tender.
- While the soup is cooking, cook noodles according to package directions. Once the sweet potatoes are tender, stir in coconut milk, fish sauce, and agave. Stir in greens of bok choy, and let cook for about 5 minutes to wilt, stirring occasionally.
- Drain noodles and divide evenly among four bowls. Serve soup and vegetables over noodles; top with red onion, cilantro, a wedge or two of lime, and a drizzle of hot sauce, if desired.
- Add oil to instant pot. Press sauté. Add curry paste, garlic and ginger, and cook 2 minutes. Stir in diced sweet potato. Add bok choy stalks and broth. Press cancel.
- Lock lid; set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high, and 5 minutes. Carefully move valve to venting to allow all pressure to release. (quick release)
- Open lid and add coconut milk, fish sauce, agave, and noodles. Stir well. Try to submerge the noodles as much as possible. (hint: break noodles in half). Lock lid; set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high and 4 minutes. Carefully move valve to venting and allow all built-up pressure to escape. (quick release)
- Serve topped with red onion, cilantro, a wedge or two of lime, and a drizzle of hot sauce, if desired.