This is my healthy Turkey Chili Recipe which was derived from my Dad’s chili recipe that I became well acquainted with growing up. Since I left the nest, I have continued to make and tweak this recipe while making it for friends and family. It has won chili cook-offs and turned many heads. It is a very simple recipe, but you won’t be disappointed.
90/10 Turkey Chili
A delicious and healthy chili made with ground turkey.
Hey, have you checked out the Clean Plate Club yet? Learn More Here. You'll love it.
- Dice onion and bell pepper
- Brown ground turkey, bell pepper, and onion together in skillet
- Drain grease if there is any
- Combine tomatoes, tomato sauce, and beans in crock pot or large sauce pan
- Add turkey/onion/bell pepper mix
- Add jalapeno slices and jalapeno juice
- Add salt to taste and chili powder
- Allow to cook on low heat until warmed through. It is now ready to eat, however, it is recommended that you cook it for several hours to allow the flavors to mingle. I usually put it in the crockpot in the morning and have it for dinner that evening.
Freezer Meal Instructions
- Add all ingredients except for optional toppings in a 1 gallon zip top bag. Mix contents, label, and freeze. When ready to cook, place frozen block in slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours.
You can also make this recipe with ground beef
Add additional jalapenos, juice, and chili powder to increase spice heat level
Serve with sour cream and cheese if desired.
Approximate Turkey Chili Nutritional Breakdown:
Serving Size: 1 cup
Servings per pot: approximately 10
Calories per serving: 150
Fat: 3 g
Protein: 13 g
Carbohydrates: 17 g
I hope you enjoy. Comments are welcome!
Creator, 90/10 Nutrition