This super easy Pecan-Crusted Tilapia recipe is a perfect 1-2-3 Eat! entreé. Group it with some roasted vegetables and some steamed wild rice, and you have a wonderful, simple, healthy meal that takes 30 min or less!
- 1 cup 100% whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1 cup pecans finely chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp buttermilk powder
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 tsp hot sauce
- 1/2 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 6 tilapia filet
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Combine breadcrumbs, pecans, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Combine buttermilk powder, hot sauce, and water in a bowl. Whisk until smooth. Pour into a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Place flour in a third shallow dish.
- Heat oil in large skillet until hot.
- Rinse tilapia filets. Dredge in flour, then buttermilk mixture, then breadcrumb mixture. Place in hot oil in pan. Cook 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through. Repeat with each filet.
This Post Has One Comment
This looks good too!