There’s no added sugar or junk ingredients in this low carb BBQ sauce. We made this specifically for our Keto BBQ Sandwiches, but it’s great for anyone looking for a healthy BBQ sauce without all the sugar.
I was inspired by this recipe from wholesomeyum.com.
- 2 cans tomato paste 6 oz each
- 2/3 cup white vinegar
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce see notes
- 3 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 2 cups water more or less for desired thickness
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper adjust as needed for desired heat
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 10 drops stevia drops such as sweet leaf brand
- Add all ingredients to a medium sauce pan and stir well, adding the water last. I used somewhere around 2 cups of water because I like my sauce on the thinner side. You can vary the thickness to your liking. It will thicken a bit as it cooks so make it a little thinner than you would normally like it to start with.
- Bring to a slight boil and then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Adjust heat level or sweetness level by adding more stevia drops or more cayenne pepper.
- Store in a mason jar or other sealed container in the fridge or freeze some for later.
This Post Has 0 Comments