If you’re looking for a keto bbq pulled pork recipe, this is IT. This low carb BBQ pulled pork uses our keto BBQ sauce recipe (find is separately here) and your slow cooker or Instant Pot.
We made this specifically for these epic keto BBQ pulled pork sandwiches. If that’s what you’re making, just go that link and everything is there including this pork recipe.
Keto BBQ Sauce
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz
- 1/3 cup white vinegar
- 1 Tbsp worcestershire sauce see NOTE 1
- 1 1/2 Tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 cups water more or less for desired thickness
- 1 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper adjust as needed for desired heat
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5 drops stevia drops such as sweet leaf brand
- 1 1/2 lb pork sirloin tip roast 1.5-2 lbs is fine
- 2 cups Chicken broth or vegetable broth or water
- 2 Tbsp spice mixture see NOTE 2
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Pork: Instant Pot
- Start by seasoning the pork roast with your chosen spice mix. Rub the whole roast with spices and garlic. Now, set your Instant Pot to "saute", add the olive oil, and brown the roast on all sides. 1-2 minutes per side. Remove roast from Instant Pot.
- Add roast and chicken broth to the Instant Pot, close the lid, set steam release knob to "sealing", and set for manual high for 90 minutes.
- When time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 10 minutes and then you can use quick release if you wish. Meanwhile, set your oven to broil.
- Remove the roast from the Instant Pot and shred it with two forks. Place the shredded pork on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the shredded pork with the barbecue sauce and place in the oven to broil for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are browning and caramelized.
Pork: Slow Cooker
- Start by seasoning the pork roast with your chosen spice mix. Rub the whole roast with spices and garlic. Now, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat in a skillet and brown the roast on all sides. 1-2 minutes per side.
- Add roast and chicken broth to the slow cooker and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- Set your oven to broil. Remove the roast from the slow cooker and shred it with two forks. Place the shredded pork on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Brush the shredded pork with the barbecue sauce and place in the oven to broil for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are browning and caramelized.
Keto BBQ Sauce
- Add all ingredients to a medium sauce pan and stir well, adding the water last. I used somewhere around 1 cup of water because I like my sauce on the thinner side. You can vary the thickness to your liking. It will thicken a bit as it cooks so make it a little thinner than you would normally like it to start with.
- Bring to a slight boil and then reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Adjust heat level or sweetness level by adding more stevia drops or more cayenne pepper.
This Post Has 0 Comments