If you love Indian food like I do, you probably know about Naan bread. It’s such a wonderful addition to a dish like Curry or Tikka Masala. If you’re cutting your carbs or you can’t have gluten, then Indian food becomes much less enjoyable without the beloved Naan! So, I decided to make a gluten free, keto garlic Naan bread.
Now, it doesn’t tear apart the same way traditional Naan does, but it has great flavor and dips in sauces just fine.
Try it with this Chicken Tikka Masala or this Chicken Curry.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 egg beaten
- 4 Tbsp coconut oil melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic or 2-4 cloves fresh
- cilantro fresh, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Divide dough into 4 equal parts
- Press the dough into 1/4 inch thick shapes as shown on a parchment-lined baking sheet and top with garlic and cilantro.
- Bake at 350F for 15 minutes or until edges begin to brown.
This Post Has 3 Comments
This looks delicious! I will be trying these soon.
Very flavorful recipe! I made it today (without parchment paper – I buttered a cookie sheet). You are absolutely right, it does not tear like traditional naan, but is dippable and sliceable. It has a bit of a crumbly texture, which is fine when it is eaten with other foods. Thanks for sharing!
Yay! I’m so glad you liked it.