Two things make these Healthy Blackberry popsicles the perfect treat for my kids right now: First, the blackberries are growing here in the Pacific Northwest like crazy! My kids can pick a bucket full themselves almost every day. So, we need to find a way to use the blackberries anyway. Secondly, it’s hot right now and frozen treats are much appreciated.
We didn’t have a popsicle mold set (failure of a father, I know), so I went out and bought one to redeem myself. I picked up the one you see in the recipe pics below at the local Bed Bath and Beyond, but HERE IS A LINK to where you can get a similar set on Amazon. Just about any popsicle mold will do.
- 1 cup blackberries fresh or frozen
- 1 can coconut milk full fat or lite
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar (yellow tier)
- popsicle molds see notes
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Prepare the popsicle molds
- Pour the contents of the blender into the popsicle molds
- Insert the popsicle sticks
- Freeze for 6-8 hours.
- To remove the popsicle, run warm or hot water over the plastic mold for 30-60 seconds until the popsicle slides out. Be careful not to pull too hard and pull the stick right out.
This is the popsicle mold we used. Look in the recipe card notes section for a link if you want to buy a similar one.
It’s pretty easy to fill each mold with the contents of the blender.
Then, you just insert the popsicle sticks into each mold before you put them in the freezer.
The kids love healthy Blackberry popsicles!