Keto Breakfast Egg Muffins are a quick, easy and healthy breakfast option. Low carb, clean eating and convenient. Plus, you can change them easily to fit your tastes. Use different veggies, a different kind of cheese, some hot sauce, salsa…the possibilities are many.
- 6 oz uncured bacon no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 9 egg
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil or coconut or avocado oil
- 1 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- Cook the bacon first (any way you like). You can cook it in the oven or on a griddle or a pan on the stove. Example: Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lay bacon slices on parchment, trying not to let them touch. Bake at 400F for 20 min. Allow to cool slightly. Crumble.
- Add eggs, salt, and pepper to a medium bowl. Beat with a whisk until well beaten.
- Grease 12 small muffin cups/tins with coconut, avocado or olive oil and then divide the egg mixture evenly between all muffin cups.
- Divide the bacon and red pepper (or other veggies) evenly between the muffins by sprinkling them into the egg mixture. Top evenly with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes or until eggs are fully set.
Pin this keto egg muffins recipe to your favorite Pinterest boards so you don’t lose it! Use the pin button on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This would go great on keto or low carb boards, breakfast boards, meal prep boards, clean eating boards and more.
You may also like some of our other keto egg breakfast ideas. How about this Taco Quiche (yum), this Pizza Quiche (whoa), or these sausage breakfast peppers?
These keto breakfast egg muffins come out just about right in a 12 count muffin pan. However, you could also do them in 6 count jumbo muffin tins (you may need to adjust the cook time). Also, silicon muffin pans work so good for this recipe.
This Post Has 4 Comments
These look yummy. Can they be frozen and saved for later during the week?
Ooops. Sorry for the late reply. They can!!!!
I love these! I add a 1/2 bag of frozen spinach (thawed & squeezed out well) instead of fresh leaves. Sometimes I may put in too many veges, but it has always turned out good.
[…] your breakfast revolution resolution stick is going to be planning. You could use things like make-ahead egg muffins or DIY instant oatmeal packets to make sure you have something healthy AND easy to make in the […]