I don’t think I enjoy any category of food more than Mexican food. That’s probably why our Mexican category is pretty well populated. So, these Low Carb Carne Asada Bowls absolutely make my heart sing. I’m sure it will for you keto lovers too.
We also released the carne asada by itself on it’s own recipe page in case you want to use it for other things.
- 1/3 cup avocado oil
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp orange juice not from concentrate preferred
- 2 Tbps lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp pickled jalapeno slices chopped
- 1 Tbsp kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp worcestershire sauce no sugar added, see notes
- 1/3 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 lbs flank steak
- 1 bunch green leaf lettuce thinly sliced or shredded
- 2 each tomato diced
- 2 cups sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 4 Tbsp pickled jalapeno slices
- sour cream optional
- 2 each avocado
- 1 each tomato
- 1 each onion diced
- 3 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- pickled jalapeno slices
- lime juice
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- salt to taste
- Add all ingredients to a large zip top plastic bag. Shake to mix well. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill steak 4-5 minutes per side depending on desired doneness. Let steak rest 5 minutes before slicing. Slice against the grain into thin strips.
- Make guacamole by combining all guacamole ingredients.
- Divide lettuce evenly among 4 bowls. Top evenly with cheese, tomatoes, and jalapenos. Top each bowl with 1/4 the sliced steak and a dollop of guacamole. Add sour cream, if desired. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.
Make sure to save these low carb carne asada bowls to your Pinterest boards so you don’t lose them. Use the pin button on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This would go great on keto or low carb boards, dinner or lunch boards, clean eating boards, and Mexican or Cinco de Mayo boards.
If you don’t care about staying low carb, you could add some brown rice to this one.