Don’t get me wrong, I love a good slow-cooked pulled pork that takes all day. But, when you can have this Instant Pot BBQ Pulled Pork in just over 90 minutes and it’s arguably just as good, it’s a beautiful thing. The Instant Pot is amazing!
- 1 1/2 lb pork sirloin tip roast 1.5-2 lbs is fine
- 2 cups Chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp spice mixture see notes
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- clean barbeque sauce see notes
- Start by seasoning the pork roast with your chosen spice mix. Rub the whole roast with spices and garlic.
- Now, set your Instant Pot to "saute" and brown the roast on all sides. 1-2 minutes per side. Remove roast from Instant Pot.
- Add chicken broth and the steam rack to the Instant Pot.
- Add roast on top of steam rack, close the lid, set steam release knob to "sealing", and set for manual high for 90 minutes.
- When time is up, allow the pressure to release naturally for at least 10 minutes and then you can use quick release if you wish. Meanwhile, set your oven to broil.
- Remove the roast from the Instant Pot and shred it with two forks. Place the shredded pork on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Brush the shredded pork with clean barbecue sauce and place in the oven to broil for 8-10 minutes or until the edges are browning and caramelized.
- Remove and serve on whole wheat buns or in a baked sweet potato or any way you wish.