Healthy Cilantro Chimichurri Steak Tacos have more flavor than you can shake a stick at….and you could theoretically shake a stick at a lot of flavor. The cilantro chimichurri sauce melds with the grilled steak in a way that is hard to describe. You’ll just have to try it.
Try it with some homemade pico de gallo, homemade guacamole, or just fresh tomatoes and avocados.
Steak and Marinade
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak or sirloin
- 1 each jalapeno fresh or pickled
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- 1 each lime juiced
- 2 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
Cilantro Chimichurri Sauce
- 1/2 cup cilantro fresh, chopped, packed
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley chopped, packed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic or about 2 cloves fresh
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
Taco Toppings and Shells
- 8 each corn tortilla
- tomato chopped, optional
- lime wedges, optional
- avocado sliced, optional
Steak and Marinade
- Place marinade ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Add the marinade and steak to a large zip top bag and refrigerate for at least 1 hour to allow flavors to be imparted to the steak.
- Heat a grill to medium high and grill the steak to desired doneness. Slice into strips for use in the tacos.
- Add all sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until almost smooth. Some small chunks are desirable and add good texture so there is no need to blend until completely smooth.
Taco Assembly and Toppings
- Heat tortillas any way you desire or use them as is. I prefer to steam them in damp paper towels in the microwave or lightly fry them in olive oil if I want a slightly crisp tortilla.
- Add steak strips to tortillas and then top with chimichurri sauce and any additional toppings you desire.
This Post Has 0 Comments