- 1 bunch romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes julienne
- 20 Kalamata olives pitted
Caesar Marinade and Dressing
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 1/2 Tbsp lime juice
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 cups water warmed
- 3 1/4 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp vital wheat gluten
- 1 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp bread machine yeast
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- heat 1 cup water in microwave. Heat until boiling. Add sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water. Let stand 5 minutes. Drain. Place romaine, tomatoes, and olives into a large bowl. Toss well. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat 1 1/2 cups water until warm but not boiling (about 1 minute on high in the microwave). Add warm water, flour, gluten and salt to the bowl of a stand mixer. (See notes for hand kneading.) Add yeast.
- Fit mixer with the dough hook attachment. Mix on low speed 3-5 minutes or until a dough ball is formed and cleans the sides of the bowl.
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Lightly dust work surface with flour. Turn dough out onto work surface. Divide in half.
- Lightly grease baguette pan or line a baking sheet with parchment. Working with one half at a time, roll into a rectangle about 6 X 10. Starting at one of the long ends, roll into a log, pinching at the seam to seal. Fold ends under and pinch to seal. Place in prepared baguette pan or on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with other half.
- With a sharp knife, slice several diagonal cuts into the surface of each log, no more than 1/4 inch deep.
- Spread butter evenly over tops of dough. Sprinkle with parmesan. Lightly press parmesan down into butter.
- Bake bread at 450 for 20-25 minutes or until browned. Tapping on the surface of the bread should produce a hollow sound when done. Allow to cool before slicing. Slice into 4, 6 inch baguettes. Slice each baguette in half lengthwise, as for sandwiches.
- Add chicken and half the dressing to a glass baking dish. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill. Grill chicken 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Discard any unused dressing. Slice chicken into slices.
- Arrange chicken on bottom halves of bread. Top with salad. Drizzle with dressing. Top with tops of bread.