This is a little more labor-intensive than traditional roasted potatoes, but I promise you, these Hasselback Purple Potatoes are worth the effort. I suggest serving these 1-2-3 Eat! style with grilled salmon and 7 minute green beans, but feel free to serve these however you want.
- 28.5 oz purple potato
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/3 cup green onion finely chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Combine softened butter, olive oil, salt, pepper, and green onions, if desired, in a small bowl. Whisk until well combined.
- Slice potatoes almost all the way through at 1/8 inch intervals. (Hint: chopsticks on either side of the potato keep the knife from going all the way through.
- Using a pastry brush or spoon, brush sliced potatoes with butter mixture, fanning potatoes out so that butter mixture seeps between slices.
- Bake at 450 for 45-55 minutes.