This Gluten Free Cheddar Biscuits recipe was slightly adapted from an uplateanyway.com recipe. We’ve used almond meal to make this as well as almond flour and it came out great both times (pictured using blanched almond flour). We served this with a Beef and Pepper soup from the slow cooker.
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour blanched (or almond meal)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter cold, diced
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Whisk together dry ingredients. (Almond meal, salt, pepper, and baking powder)
- Mash the butter into the almond meal until it's a crumbly sandy mix. (Use a pastry cutter if you have one or even a food processor or a rubber spatula works fine).
- Make a well in the center and add the cream and the egg.
- Add the almond meal and the cheese into the wet ingredients and mix together with a rubber spatula but don't over mix it.
- Form into 4 large balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes.
This Post Has 0 Comments