- 1 1/2 cups almond flour blanched (or almond meal)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 Tbsp unsalted butter cold, diced
- 1 egg
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Whisk together dry ingredients. (Almond meal, salt, pepper, and baking powder)
- Mash the butter into the almond meal until it's a crumbly sandy mix. (Use a pastry cutter if you have one or even a food processor or a rubber spatula works fine).
- Make a well in the center and add the cream and the egg.
- Add the almond meal and the cheese into the wet ingredients and mix together with a rubber spatula but don't over mix it.
- Form into 4 large balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet
- Bake for 20 minutes.