This low-carb French Onion Zoodles recipe is awesome as a light-fare dinner or even a quick and easy side for 1-2-3 Eat!
- 2 zucchini medium (about 2.5 cups after zoodled) SEE NOTES
- 1 onion yellow, small
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp Fresh Thyme chopped
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 2 tsp worcestershire sauce no sugar listed in ingredients, see notes
- 1 cup gruyere cheese grated
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt butter in a medium skillet. Add onion; cook 2-4 minutes. Add salt, pepper, honey, Worcestershire, and thyme. Stir well. Cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add broth, and cook until onions are golden brown (about 12 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning. When onions are golden, stir in zoodles.
- Spray small baking dish with cooking spray. Pour zoodle mixture into dish. Top with gruyere cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden. Remove from oven and let stand 5-10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired. (If there is excess liquid from the zoodles, scoop it off with a spoon.)
This Post Has One Comment
Where has this been all my life??