This recipe was born when I had extra veggies in the fridge from previous recipes (a leek, some kale, and a few bell peppers). I decided to take our No-Boil Lasagna recipe and load it up with random veggies from the fridge. Feel free to modify this “Get Your Veggies Lasagna” with any veggies you think sound good.
- 1 pint mushrooms sliced
- 1 leek sliced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce 24 oz
- 1 bunch Lacinato kale
- 1 lb brown rice lasagna noodles
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 2 egg
- 4 cups mozzarella grated, divided
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F. Brown and crumble ground beef in a skillet. In a separate pan, sauté mushrooms, leeks, and bell peppers in olive oil, about 5 minutes. When ground beef is done, combine sautéed vegetables, ground beef., sauce, and 1 jar water (use the spaghetti sauce jar). Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, eggs, 2 c. mozzarella, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Grease a 13X9 baking dish. Pour 1-1/2 c. meat mixture on the bottom of the prepared dish. Top with 3 noodles (uncooked). Top the noodles with 1/3 the kale leaves. Top the kale leaves with 1-1/2 c. meat mixture. Top meat mixture with 1/3 the cheese mixture. Top with 3 noodles, 1/3 of the kale, and 1-1/2 c. meat mixture. Repeat layers.
- Top lasagna with remaining mozzarella. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake 15 minutes longer. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting and serving.
This Post Has 0 Comments