This one is like a super-quick Thai dish. Use more red pepper flakes if you like a little heat! Peanutty Pasta is great with chicken, pork tenderloin, or vegetarian, instead of shrimp, but shrimp is my favorite!
- Cooking Spray
- 1 lb 100% whole wheat pasta we used rotini for testing purposes
- 1 piece fresh ginger 1 inch, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup vegetable broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup Bragg Liquid Aminos or soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 red bell pepper seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 lb sugar snap pea pods
- 1 lb shrimp cooked tail-off, thawed
- 1 cup carrot shredded
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- Spray saucepan with cooking spray. Add ginger and garlic. Saute 30 sec. Add broth, peanut butter, bragg, and vinegar. Stir until well combined. Simmer 7 min, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Keep warm.
- Heat 2 tsp. oil. Cook bell peppers, pea pods, and shrimp 5 min or until vegetables are crisp-tender and shrimp is heated through.
- Combine carrots, vegetables, shrimp, sauce, and noodles in a large bowl. Toss well to combine. Serve topped with cilantro.