- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 lb ground turkey 90% lean or leaner
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 28 oz
- 1 can beer 12 oz, or 12 oz beef broth
- 1 cup water
- 3 green bell pepper diced
- 1 can black beans 14.5 oz, drained
- 1 can red kidney beans 14.5 oz, drained
- 1 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 box 100% whole grain elbow noodles 13.25 oz
- 2 cups cheddar cheese grated, as topping, optional
- In a large skillet over med heat, cook meats and onion until meat is browned and cooked through. Add garlic and cook 2 more minutes.
- Add beer (or broth), water, tomatoes, peppers, beans, and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Add pasta. Stir. Cover and cook 12-15 minutes. Check pasta for doneness. (Pasta is done when it is al dente or to the desired doneness.) Cook longer if necessary, in 5 minute increments.
- Stir in cheese, if desired.
Freezer Meal Instructions
- To use as a freezer meal, add all ingredients except water, pasta, and cheese, in a 1 gallon zip top bag. Label and freeze. When ready to cook, remove bag and place frozen contents in a slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours. Add water and noodles about 30 minutes before serving and turn to high. Serve when noodles are al dente. Top with cheese if desired.