This Healthy Pasta Carbonara uses whole grain noodles and uncured bacon for a healthier version of a classic without sacrificing flavor.
- 4 slices uncured bacon no sugar added
- 8 oz 100% whole grain spaghetti noodles
- 2 egg large
- 3/4 cup parmesan cheese grated, divided
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese grated
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 12 oz frozen green peas frozen
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley
- Cook bacon until crisp. Crumble, and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While pasta is cooking, beat eggs and 1/2 cup parmesan, 1/2 cup asiago, and garlic together.
- Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking water. Chop parsley.
- Return hot, drained pasta to the pan in which it was cooked. Add egg mixture, reserved cooking water, salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Add bacon and peas. Toss to combine.
- Place in a serving bowl. Top with remaining Parmesan and chopped parsley.