Breakfast can be difficult. There seems to be so many options for unhealthy breakfasts and one of the only healthy ones is eggs, which can get boring. Plus, the co-workers are always bringing in pastries, right? Enter, the Zucchini and Egg Breakfast.
With this recipe you will get all of the nutritious benefits that eggs bring but it allows you to mix it up with the zucchini. Eggs are extremely nutritious and excellent way to start your day off. They contain lots of vitamins including vitamin A and B as well as that healthy fat that is so important for optimal health.
Adding a vegetable in to your first meal of the day is also a great way to start your day off on the right foot with some extra vitamins and nutrients.
Hey LOOK! The recipe is right here! No scrolling your life away reading our life story. If that's your style, give us a share.
Zucchini and Egg Breakfast
Hey, have you checked out the Clean Plate Club yet? Learn More Here. You'll love it.
- Melt the butter in a skillet placed over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook until soft, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and yellow squash to the skillet. Season to taste, cook for 5 to 7 minutes, and remove from the heat.
- Grill the tomato on a grill pan or simply sear in a hot skillet, and set aside.
- Bring a medium saucepan filled with water to a boil, and add the apple cider vinegar.
- Crack the egg into the water and allow it to swirl around in the water until the egg begins to set, about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Place the vegetables in a bowl and set the eggs on top. Lay the tomato on the side.
- Sprinkle the eggs with some extra salt and pepper and serve.