I love these “one pot wonders,” where the veggies and the proteins are all cooked together, and then dumped (or, if you’re so inclined, neatly arranged) on top of a starch. It’s like an all-in-one and a 1-2-3 Eat! combined! You and your family will LOVE this italian chicken, so stick it (the recipe, not the actual chicken) in your back pocket, and enjoy!
Instant Pot Instructions Included!
Italian Chicken Flatbread
Hey, have you checked out the Clean Plate Club yet? Learn More Here. You'll love it.
- Program Instant Pot for sauté. Add oil. When oil is hot, add garlic, onion, and both colors of bell pepper. Sauté 4 minutes.
- Add salt, marinara, and chicken. Seal pot. Set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high and reduce time to 12 minutes.
- Remove chicken from pot. Shred chicken with two forks. Add chicken back to instant pot along with mushrooms, zucchini, and tomatoes. Program for sauté. Sauté 5 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Warm flatbread in microwave 1 minute. Using a slotted spoon, arrange chicken mixture on flatbread. Sprinkle with basil ribbons.
- Add chicken, garlic, onions, bell peppers to slow cooker. Sprinkle with salt. Add marinara and 1 cup water (or two cups marinara, if preferred). Cook on low 6 hours (or 8 hours if chicken is frozen).
- Shred chicken. Add mushrooms, zucchini and tomatoes. Cook on high 15 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, serve chicken, sauce, and veggies on warmed flatbread.