This is such a great recipe to make to use up all that extra zucchini from your garden! Plus, Zucchini Beef Parmigiana is just fun to say.
Need more? We also made Zucchini Fritters this week.
- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 onion diced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 24 oz marinara no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz
- 4 zucchini medium
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated, divided
- 1 cup mozzarella grated, divided
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet; cook over medium heat until browned, stirring frequently. Add marinara, tomatoes, and paste. Stir well. Bring to a boil. Let simmer 20 minutes.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices. Add cheeses to a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour 1 1/3 cups sauce in the bottom of a 13X9 baking dish. Top with a layer of zucchini. (Edges may slightly overlap.) Top with 1/2 the cheese. Repeat layers (sauce, zucchini, cheese).
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Let stand 10 min before cutting.
This Post Has 3 Comments
This looks amazing
Made this tonight, was great, had to increase temp and cook longer but was worth it, also used a meat slicer to cut the zucchini, so quick and easy!