- 1 lb ground beef 90% lean or leaner
- 1 onion diced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 24 oz marinara no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 can fire roasted diced tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz
- 4 zucchini medium
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated, divided
- 1 cup mozzarella grated, divided
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine beef, onion, and garlic in a large skillet; cook over medium heat until browned, stirring frequently. Add marinara, tomatoes, and paste. Stir well. Bring to a boil. Let simmer 20 minutes.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slices. Add cheeses to a medium bowl. Stir to combine.
- Pour 1 1/3 cups sauce in the bottom of a 13X9 baking dish. Top with a layer of zucchini. (Edges may slightly overlap.) Top with 1/2 the cheese. Repeat layers (sauce, zucchini, cheese).
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes. Let stand 10 min before cutting.