This recipe for healthy Zucchini Fritters serves 4, but I may or may not have eaten the whole batch all by myself. (Totally did.) They are that good, people.
We also made Zucchini Beef Parmigiana this week.
- 1 lb zucchini
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp dried chives
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup 100% whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
Sour Cream Sauce
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Grate zucchini using a cheese grater or spiralizer. Mix zucchini and salt in a bowl and set aside to sweat. Squeeze out as much moisture as you can using paper towels or cheese cloth. Mix zucchini, chives, egg, pepper, flour, and baking powder in a bowl.
- Heat oil on griddle or large skillet. Scoop zucchini mixture by small scoops onto the hot oiled griddle or skillet, approximately 3 Tbsp at a time. Flatten slightly with the back of a spatula.
- Cook 4 minutes, then flip and cook 4 minutes longer.
- Top with sour cream sauce, if desired.