Popovers take me straight back to my childhood! My mom used to make these and they were such a treat! I had no idea they were SO easy, and you don’t even need a specific popover pan. Just any old muffin tin will do just fine for these 100% whole wheat popovers. Some unsalted butter and a little honey are perfect fillings for these high protein hollow rolls!
- 2 egg
- 1 cup 100% whole wheat flour pastry preferred
- 1 cup milk or non dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450. Generously grease 12 wells of a muffin tin or 6 wells of a popover pan.
- Beat eggs. Gently beat in remaining ingredients, taking care not to over mix. Fill prepared wells about 1/2 full.
- Bake at 450 for 20 minutes.