Pizza by any other name would taste as amazing…
And yet, pizza, by any other shape is different, unique, and exciting for both young and old. Everyone will love these Whole Grain Pizza Bombs.
- 2/3 cup water
- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 Tbsp unsalted butter softened
- 4 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 Tbsp vital wheat gluten
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 3/4 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 oz uncured pepperoni no sugar listed
- 2 cups mozzarella grated, or cheddar
- 1 each bell pepper diced, or 1 cup frozen diced bell peppers
- Add both water and milk to a microwave safe bowl. Microwave 1 minute. Add warmed liquids to the bowl of a stand mixer. Cut butter into chunks and add it to liquids in bowl. Add honey. Add flour and gluten. Measure salt and add to the side of the bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour and add yeast. Fit mixer with dough hook. Knead dough on speed 1 for 5 minutes or until a dough ball forms and cleans the sides of the bowl.
- Remove dough hook from dough. Add 1 tsp olive oil to the bowl. Turn dough ball to coat all sides in oil. Cover bowl with a clean dish towel. Let stand in a warm, draft-free place for 1 hour. Re-fit mixer with dough hook. Knead on speed 1 for 30 seconds. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide evenly into 12 portions.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil until hot. Add minced garlic. Saute 1 minute. Add crushed tomatoes. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 5 min.
- Preheat oven to 350. Roll one portion into a 6 inch flat circle. Top with 1 heaping tablespoon sauce, 1-2 tablespoons cheese, 1 tablespoon pepperoni, and 1 tablespoon diced green peppers. Bring up sides of dough and seal into a pouch. Place seam-side down onto a parchment-lined baking sheet. Repeat with remaining dough portions. Bake at 350 18 min or until golden.