- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 1/3 cup 100% whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 egg
- 1 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup jalapeno fresh chopped, or to taste
- Grease a 12 cavity muffin tin. Preheat oven to 400.
- Beat oil and honey together in a large bowl until smooth. Combine cornmeal, flour, baking powder, and salt in another bowl. Stir eggs and milk in a third bowl.
- Pour 1/3 of the milk mixture and 1/3 of the flour mixture alternately into oil/honey mixture; whisk until just mixed. Repeat with remaining ingredients and stir in jalapeño peppers.
- Distribute batter evenly into prepared muffin tins. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.