This is a recipe submitted by Greta Williams.
You have to try these Veggie Waffles! And freeze the leftovers or cut them up and make them into uber-delicious croutons!
- Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds ground into a powder
- 1/2 cup oats ground into a powder
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper or to taste
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese optional, grated
- 1 cup milk
- 2 carrot peeled and grated
- 1 cup spinach pureed
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 4 egg
- Preheat waffle iron. Spray with cooking spray.
- Combine flax, sunflower seeds, and oats. Add baking powder, salt and black pepper. Stir well. Stir in cheese, optional.
- In a separate bowl, combine milk, veggies, coconut oil, and eggs. Stir well to combine.
- Gradually add wet ingredients mixture to dry ingredients mixture, taking care to combine well but not over mix.
- Pour onto waffle maker. Cook until cooked through and golden. Repeat with remaining batter. Freeze any leftovers. To rehear leftovers, simply pop into the toaster!