Homemade Indo-Pakistani Chicken Curry uses fresh tomatoes (not canned) for an amazingly fresh flavor.
This authentic recipe was written by Kim Rashid, one of our long time members. It is reprinted with permission.
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion small, diced
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cubed
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or more or less, to taste
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 12 roma tomato or any tomato
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt optional
- 1 batch cooked brown rice see notes
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions. Cook 5 min or until translucent. Add chicken. Cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, to brown.
- Add garlic, salt, turmeric, cayenne, cumin, tomatoes, and 1/4 cup water. Cover and let cook 10 minutes, or until tomatoes are dissolved and chicken is tender.
- Add 1/2 cup yogurt, if desired. Cover and simmer 15 minutes. Serve over cooked brown rice.
This Post Has 0 Comments