These vegan Black Bean Meatloaf Rings are unique and a great way to get in that meatless Monday.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 onion diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 carrot shredded
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 green bell pepper
- 2 cans black beans 14.5 oz, drained and rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups 100% whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1 Tbsp Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 tsp cumin
- 4 Tbsp Ketchup optional, no sugar listed in ingredients
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a large skillet. Add onion, red pepper, carrot and garlic. Saute 5 minutes. Remove mixture from pan and set aside. Keep pan warm.
- Combine beans, breadcrumbs, vegetable mixture, Aminos, and cumin in a large bowl. Mash about half the beans with a potato masher, with the back of a spoon, or with a fork. Stir well to combine.
- Slice bottom and top off of each green bell pepper. Remove seeds and membranes.
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil to the pan. Slice each pepper into 4 rings. Saute in oil 2 minutes per side. Transfer rings to a parchment-lined baking sheet. Fill with black bean mixture, taking care to smash the bean mixture into each ring.
- Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until a nice crust forms.
This Post Has One Comment
Served with a side of vegetables this makes a tasty, satisfying dinner. A leftover “ring” can be used in a sandwich for a great lunch.