Stove top, schmove top! This whole wheat stuffing beats anything in a box, hands down! It’s time to start a new tradition!
- 1 loaf 100% Whole Grain Bread no high fructose corn syrup
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 onion diced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 5 stalks celery
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp dried sage
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup vegetable broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 cup fresh parsley chopped
- Cut bread into cubes and arrange on baking sheets. Allow to sit uncovered at room temperature at least one hour to dry out.
- Preheat oven to 325. Grease a 13X9 inch casserole dish.
- Heat butter in a large skillet. Add onion, garlic, and parsley. Cook 7-9 minutes or until vegetables are soft.
- In a large bowl, stir onion mixture, bread, thyme, sage, pepper, vegetable broth, and parsley. Mix well. Spread into prepared baking dish. Cover loosely with foil. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 30 minutes.