Tipsy Turkey Tacos are a refreshing twist on tequila-lime chicken, in taco form. (Please note long marinating time in recipe, and plan accordingly.)
We also put the taco shell recipe as it’s own recipe so you can use it with other taco fillings if you want. HERE IT IS.
- 1/2 cup tequila or cactus juice
- 1 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 1 jalapeno minced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 1/2 lbs turkey tenderloin
Cheddar Cheese Taco Shells
- 3 cups cheddar cheese grated
- 1 cup pico de gallo
- 1 cup guacamole
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 cup cotija cheese
- Combine tequila, lime juice, pineapple juice, chili powder, jalepeno, cumin, garlic, salt, pepper, and turkey in a large zip top bag. Marinate in refrigerator 12 hours.
- Preheat grill to medium. Grill turkey 6-8 minutes on each side or until turkey is done. Slice turkey and serve with desired toppings in cheddar cheese shells.
Cheddar Cheese Shells
- Preheat oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Wrap a yardstick or ruler in foil, and suspend it between two cans.
- Divide the cheese into 8 equal parts (a little over 1/3 cup each). Spread the cheese into 4 inch circles on the parchment paper making sure that no cheese is off the parchment (it will stick). You may need to do this in batches.
- Bake each batch at 400 for 6-8 minutes or until melted and beginning to brown.
- Using a spatula, carefully remove the cheese circles and drape them over the ruler suspension to form shells. Allow to hang until cooled. Repeat with remaining cheese.