This healthy Thai Coconut Curry Soup is keto-friendly and can easily be made vegan or vegetarian. The flavors and colors are a feast for the senses.
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast optional
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 zucchini medium to large
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 oz mushrooms quartered or halved
- 3 cups Chicken broth no sugar or other junk additives
- 3 cans coconut milk no sugar or other junk additives
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste see notes
- 1 tsp bottled minced ginger or fresh
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- red chili flakes to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- Dice the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Add the coconut oil to the bottom of a large soup pot over medium-high heat and then add the chicken. Saute the chicken until it is brown on all sides (it doesn't need to be completely done yet).
- While chicken is cooking, remove the seeds from the bell pepper and cut it into strips. Chop the zucchini into half circles. Quarter or half the mushrooms.
- Add the garlic, ginger, red curry paste, bell pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms in with the chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender crisp to your liking.
- Add the broth, coconut milk, salt, lime juice, and red pepper flakes. You can adjust the heat with the red pepper flakes or more curry paste. We used just 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes and it was pretty mild.
- Turn the heat down to low and allow the soup to simmer for at least 15 minutes before serving. Top with chopped green onions and cilantro for garnish.