This healthy Thai Coconut Curry Soup is keto-friendly and can easily be made vegan or vegetarian. The flavors and colors are a feast for the senses.
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast optional
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 zucchini medium to large
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 oz mushrooms quartered or halved
- 3 cups Chicken broth no sugar or other junk additives
- 3 cans coconut milk no sugar or other junk additives
- 1 Tbsp red curry paste see notes
- 1 tsp bottled minced ginger or fresh
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- red chili flakes to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion chopped
- Dice the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Add the coconut oil to the bottom of a large soup pot over medium-high heat and then add the chicken. Saute the chicken until it is brown on all sides (it doesn't need to be completely done yet).
- While chicken is cooking, remove the seeds from the bell pepper and cut it into strips. Chop the zucchini into half circles. Quarter or half the mushrooms.
- Add the garlic, ginger, red curry paste, bell pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms in with the chicken. Cook until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender crisp to your liking.
- Add the broth, coconut milk, salt, lime juice, and red pepper flakes. You can adjust the heat with the red pepper flakes or more curry paste. We used just 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes and it was pretty mild.
- Turn the heat down to low and allow the soup to simmer for at least 15 minutes before serving. Top with chopped green onions and cilantro for garnish.
This Post Has One Comment
So easy and delicious!