I just love foil packet meals! Everything gets wrapped in a cozy little foil pouch, baked to perfection, and then there’s no mess to clean up afterward! Self-cleaning dinners are my kinda dealio and these Pesto Salmon Packets are no exception.
- 4 salmon fillet wild caught preferred
- 1/2 lb green beans
- 1/2 lb asparagus
- 1 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil divided
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 1 pint grape tomatoes halved
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Pesto Salmon Packets
- Make pesto according to directions below. Trim ends of green beans and break off tough ends of asparagus.
- Preheat oven to 400. Place green beans in a microwave safe bowl with 1/2 cup water. Microwave on high for 1 minute. Drain. Season each salmon fillet with salt and pepper.
- Make 4 foil sheets approximately 14 inches wide. Toss green beans and asparagus in 1 Tablespoon olive oil. Arrange 1/4 of the green beans and asparagus on each foil sheet. Top with salmon.
- Spread each salmon filet with 1/4 the pesto. Toss tomatoes in remaining oil. Arrange 1/4 the tomatoes on each salmon filet. Drizzle with lemon juice.
- Bring the sides of each foil sheet up and around the stacks to create a packet. Seal tightly. Place packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 400 20 min. Open one packet carefully and check fish for doneness. Bake up to 5 min longer or until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Add basil to a food processor and puree.
- Add pine nuts and process.
- Add garlic, salt, and pepper. Process. With processor running, drizzle in olive oil.
This Post Has 0 Comments