File this one away for a rainy day…literally! There’s nothing better than hot stew on a rainy day and this Slow Cooker Vegetable Beef Stew gets it done with ease.
- 3 lb beef stew meat
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 4 stalks celery thickly sliced
- 28 oz purple potato quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 cup vegetable broth no sugar listed in ingredients
To Cook Immediately
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook on low 8 hours.
- Combine all ingredients except broth in a large zip top plastic bag. Label and freeze.
To Cook After Freezing
- Place frozen contents of bag into a slow cooker. Add broth. Cook on low 10 hours.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Rainy day here in Nova Scotia so prepping this for dinner tonight