Easy freezer meal Slow Cooker Jambalaya uses healthy brown rice, uncured sausage and other whole food ingredients for a simple and healthy dish!
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes 28 oz
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 2 cups Chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp cajun seasoning
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 lb uncured sausage sliced
- 1 cup brown rice uncooked
- To cook immediately, add all ingredients except shrimp and rice to a slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. Add shrimp and rice about 30 minutes before serving. Cook on high for that 30 minutes or until rice is done.
- To freeze, combine all ingredients except shrimp and rice in a 1 gallon resealable bag. Label and freeze. To prepare, add frozen contents of bag to slow cooker and cook on high for 6 hours or low for 8 hours. Add shrimp and rice 30 minutes before serving and cook on high until rice is done.
This Post Has 0 Comments