I’m pretty sure this Slow Cooker Creamy Tomato Soup is God’s gift to tomatoes, because it makes them so delicious!
We made this along side our Freezer Ready Grilled Cheese Sandwiches, and were reminded just how amazing this classic combo really is.
- 2 cans fire roasted diced tomatoes 28 oz each
- 1 can tomato sauce 15 oz, rinsed and drainedz
- 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 each onion
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 8 sprigs fresh basil optional, for garnish
To Cook Immediately
- Add all ingredients except cream cheese to a slow cooker. Cook on low 6 hours or on high 4 hours. Stir in cream cheese. Once the cream cheese is a little melted/softened, puree the soup using an immersion blender. Top with fresh basil, if desired.
- Add all ingredients except cream cheese and basil to a freezer bag. Freeze until ready to use.
To Cook After Freezing
- Add frozen meal to slow cooker. Cook on low 8 hours or on high 6 hours. Stir in cream cheese. Once the cream cheese is a little melted/softened, puree the soup using an immersion blender. Top with fresh basil, if desired.
This Post Has 2 Comments
Made tonight…loved it! It makes a big batch, so I have lots left over to have for lunch next week.