This ain’t your grandma’s chicken noodle soup. Ok, maybe it is. Let me rephrase. This ain’t your grandma’s can of chicken noodle soup. Warm and comforting, with hearty chicken and soft noodles, this Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup will go straight to your belly and make it happy.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 3 carrot large, peeled and diced
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 6 cups Chicken broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 8 oz 100% whole wheat linguine broken in half
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
To cook immediately (slow cooker)
- Combine all ingredients except noodles in a slow cooker. Cook on low 6 hours or on high 5 hours. Shred chicken. Add 1 cup water and noodles. Turn to high. Cook 30 minutes or until noodles are cooked.
To cook immediately (Instant Pot®)
- Combine all ingredients except noodles in an instant pot. Program for soup. Press start. When IP is finished cooking, use QPR. Shred chicken. Add noodles and program for manual-high and 4 minutes. When IP is done cooking, use QPR and serve.
- Add all ingredients except noodles to a gallon sized freezer bag. Label and freeze.
To cook after freezing (slow cooker)
- Add frozen contents of bag to slow cooker. Cook on low 8 hours or on high 6 hours. Shred chicken. Add noodles and 1 cup water and cook on high 30 minutes.
To cook after freezing (Instant Pot®)
- Add frozen contents of bag to instant pot along with 1 cup water. Program for manual-high and 60 minutes. Use QPR and shred chicken. Add noodles and program for manual-high and 4 minutes. Use QPR or NPR.
This Post Has 2 Comments
I want to try this in the Instant Pot soon!
Made this tonight with the leftover Thanksgiving turkey…so good!