This simple Lemon Kale recipe is my wife’s favorite. She has withdrawals (which seems like a fabrication…but it’s true). It’s so simple and such a tasty way to have this amazing leafy green.
- 1 bunch kale fresh, see notes
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice fresh squeezed
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Rinse the kale and then remove the stems from the leaves. Discard the stems or use for another purpose. Chop the kale leaves coarsely
- Add a small amount of water to a medium pot that you can fit with a steamer basket. Bring the water to a boil and then insert the steamer basket.
- Add the kale to the basket and cover and steam for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the steamed kale to a large bowl and add the olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix well and serve as a side dish or snack.