Well kiss my grits! This Shrimp and Cauliflower Grits recipe is easy, yummy, and healthy, all the things we look for in our food here at 90/10 Nutrition. It’s also low-carb, grain-free, high protein, and 100% clean eating, so if any of those dietary specialties appeal to you, you’re in the right place.
This recipe was adapted from foodnetwork.com
- 1 head cauliflower riced, or 1 package cauliflower rice
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 tsp salt divided
- 3/4 tsp pepper divided
- 1 lb shrimp
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh parsley chopped, for garnish, optional
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 T. butter, riced cauliflower, onion, milk, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and let simmer 10 min, stirring frequently. Cover, set aside, and keep warm.
- Heat remaining 1 T. butter. Season shrimp with salt and pepper. Add shrimp to pan along with zest and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until shrimp is opaque and cooked through. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Add shrimp mixture to cauliflower mixture.
This Post Has 0 Comments