As Ryan said, “I could eat Sistine plates of this.” Italian painter jokes aside, this healthy Pasta Michelangelo recipe really is worth a whirl! Chicken, mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, and arugula star in this one bowl healthy Italian meal. While it shines on its own, a hearty slice of whole grain garlic bread would finish it out nicely.
- 1 each whole chicken approximately 4 lbs
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes julienne
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 8 oz 100% whole wheat spiral pasta such as rotini
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pint mushrooms sliced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1 can crushed tomatoes 14.5 oz
- 1/2 cup fresh basil chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 3 cups baby arugula
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper or to taste
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts toasted
Chicken- Instant Pot
- Add 1 cup water to instant pot. Fit instant pot with the trivet that came with your appliance. Place chicken on top of trivet. Season with salt and pepper. Lock lid; set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high and 24 minutes. When cook time ends, carefully move valve to venting. Open lid and move chicken to a large bowl. Remove skin and shred meat. Discard skin and bones. Set meat aside.
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Add chicken to a foil roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Place pan in the center of grill. Turn off center burner(s) and turn outside burners to medium low. Close lid. Let cook 15 minutes per pound (approximately 1 hour for a 4 lb chicken.) Remove chicken from grill and let stand 5 minutes. Remove skin. Shred meat. Discard skin and bones. Set meat aside.
- Preheat oven to 350. Add chicken to a roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper. Bake at 350 about 1 hour or until chicken is done and juices no longer run pink. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove skin. Shred meat. Discard skin and bones. Set meat aside.
- Add tomatoes to a bowl. Bring vinegar, honey, and 3 tablespoons water to a boil in a small pan. Pour over tomatoes. Let stand.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms. Cook 6 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add garlic. Cook one minute. Drain sun-dried tomatoes and add to mushroom mixture along with basil. Cook one minute. Stir in crushed tomatoes. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 1 minute. Turn off heat.
- When pasta is done, drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid.
- Stir cooked and drained pasta, 1/2 cup parmesan, chicken, and arugula into the mushroom mixture along with the reserved cooking liquid. Stir well.
- Arrange in a serving bowl or individual bowls and season with additional salt and pepper, to taste. Top with toasted pine nuts and remaining parmesan.
This Post Has 0 Comments