Hearty Sausage and Peppers Sandwiches are perfect for a busy weeknight! Make it in in the Instant Pot if you have one!
- 4 uncured sausage no sugar listed in ingredients, chopped
- 24 oz marinara no sugar listed in ingredients
- 1 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 orange bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 4 each 100% whole wheat hot dog buns no sugar listed in ingredients
Instant Pot® Directions
- Add sauce, 1 cup water, and sausages to instant pot. Lock lid. Set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high and reduce minutes to 12. Allow 5 minutes natural pressure release before releasing any remaining pressure.
- Open lid, and add peppers. Lock lid. Set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high, and reduce minutes to zero. Allow full natural pressure release. Serve sausages, sauce, and peppers on buns.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Add sausages. Cook, turning frequently, about 10 minutes or until browned on all sides and cooked through. Add sauce and peppers. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 10 minutes or until peppers are tender-crisp. Serve sausages, sauce, and peppers on buns.