The only challenge you will face when trying this Instant Pot Banana Bread is trying to tell the difference between this and the traditional kind. Isn’t the Instant Pot amazing?
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter soft
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 egg
- 3 banana mashed
- 2 cups 100% whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup walnuts
- Mix butter, honey, eggs, and bananas in a mixing bow. In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, taking care not to over mix. Fold in walnuts.
- Pour batter into two foil loaf pans (about 2 cup capacity each), or into 1 springform pan or bundt pan. PLEASE NOTE: check to make sure your pans fit into your instant pot before adding batter. If using foil pans, you may have to bend the foil corners up or down to make sure two will fit side by side.
- Place 1 cup water in instant pot. Add trivet. Place pan(s) on trivet. Lock lid. Set valve to sealing. Program for manual-high and 50 minutes. Bread will be done at the end of the cook time, so choose either natural pressure release or quick release.
This Post Has 7 Comments
Loved this! Especially liked that I could make in my Instant Pot.
What is the nutrition count in this bread?
Angie, we purposefully don’t do nutritional breakdown of macronutrients on this site because of our overall eating philosophy. It’s easy to get it if you enter the ingredients into something like myfitnesspal though.
Looking forward to trying your recipe but I am curious as to why some recipes suggest to cover the top with foil (along with making the handles / sling prior to baking), but yours doesn’t. Thanks .
It’s a personal choice, but I left it off for the “steam” factor.
The water just leaks out the bottom of the instant pot. Am I doing something wrong? Was I supposed to put the water in a dish or something?
Couldn’t do the recipe
Did you add the water into the Instant Pot with no insert? The insert always goes in the Instant Pot. Is that what happened here? The water goes in the insert (stainless steel pot that comes with it). You don’t put the water down in the Instant Pot where the spring pressure plate is.