This Chicken Parmesan Casserole is freezable and easy to put together. If you’re making a chicken the dish, just make extra chicken to use for this recipe.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 24 oz marinara no sugar listed in ingredients
- 10 oz frozen bell peppers
- 1 cup 100% whole grain breadcrumbs see notes
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cups mozzarella grated
Preparing the Casserole
- Cook and shred chicken breasts. (See notes). While chicken is cooking, mix panko and italian seasoning; set aside. Place cooked, shredded chicken in the bottom of a 13X9 pan.
- Sprinkle bell peppers over chicken. Pour marinara over chicken and peppers. Top with mozzarella. Top with panko mixture.
Cooking the Casserole
- Preheat oven to 350. Bake at 350 30 minutes.
Freezing the Casserole
- To freeze the casserole, cover tightly with foil. Label and freeze.
Cooking after Freezing
- To cook after freezing, thaw casserole completely (about 24 hours in the refrigerator). Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.