Have you ever noticed that a casserole’s unappetizing appearance is almost directly and inversely proportional to its flavor and goodness? The worse it looks, the better it tastes? Same with this Sausage Cauliflower Casserole.
Also try some of our other casseroles HERE.
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb frozen riced cauliflower
- 12 oz vegan sausage see notes
- 1 cup frozen diced onions
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 1/3 cup vegetable broth no sugar listed in ingredients
- 15 oz ricotta cheese
- 1 cup kale chopped
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/3 cup mozzarella grated
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Chop sausage and add to hot oil. Add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, until sausage is browned. Stir in cauliflower, kale, and broth. Cook just until greens are wilted and most liquid is evaporated, about 5 minutes.
- Stir sausage mixture and ricotta. Add to a greased baking dish. Top with parmesan and mozzarella. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.