Squoodle is not a word. (Who just asked Siri if squoodle is a word?) It might not be a word but Pesto Squoodles is a delightful treat for your tastebuds, especially when paired with fresh mozzarella and garden-ripe tomatoes! Plus, “squoodle” is more fun to say than “spiralized.” (Who just tried both words out loud to see which was more fun to say?)
- 2 yellow squash large, spiralized
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz Pesto commercial or homemade, see notes
- 4 oz mozzarella fresh, torn into pieces
- 1 tomato sliced into thin wedges
- Heat oil in medium skillet until hot. Add spiralized squash. Cook 1 minute just to warm it up. Remove from heat. Add pesto and mozzarella. Toss to coat. Transfer to a serving dish. Arrange tomato wedges on top.