It only looks fancy. Ok, well, to be fair, it also tastes fancy. But this healthy Classic Chicken Parmesan is actually REALLY easy to make and just as amazing for a casual weeknight as it is for entertaining company. Pair this with Pesto Squoodles and Garlic-Oregano Knots.
- 24 oz boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red onion diced
- 1 Tbsp bottled minced garlic
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 4 oz mozzarella fresh
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup 100% whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup fresh basil cut into ribbons, for garnish
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet until hot. Preheat oven to 450. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
- Cook chicken in oil 4 minutes. Turn and add onion and garlic. Cook an additional 4 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and 1/4 cup water. Bring to a simmer. Simmer 20 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Transfer to a greased baking dish.
- Tear mozzarella into small pieces and sprinkle over chicken. Sprinkle parmesan, bread crumbs, and italian seasoning over chicken. Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Top with fresh basil for garnish.
This Post Has One Comment
This looks delicious! Who needs Olive Garden??