While you can get a Pancake and Waffle Mix commercially that is 90/10 Nutrition-compliant (such as the original Kodiak Cakes), there are very few. This is as easy as mixing ingredients in a bowl and storing for later use. It can be made dairy free, gluten free, and vegan very easily (see notes for variations).
See some of our other dry mixes HERE.
NOTE: Instead of using cooking spray, you can use an oil mister with green tier cooking oil like olive or avocado oil. This article on oil misters at TheHomeDweller.com gives some good tips on picking an oil mister.
- 2 vanilla bean or 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups 100% whole wheat flour or whole grain gluten free flour
- 9 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup buttermilk powder or powdered soy milk
- 1 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 4 Tbsp vegan egg replacement such as Neat Egg®
Pancake and Waffle Mix
- Split vanilla beans lengthwise, and using the tip of a sharp knife, scrape the beans into a bowl. Add remaining ingredients and stir well. Store in an airtight container.
- Mix equal parts mix and water. Spray griddle with cooking spray. Pour batter by scant 1/3 cups full onto hot griddle. Cook 1-2 minutes or until edges appear dry and bubbles slow or stop. Flip pancake and cook 30 seconds on other side, or until cooked through and browned. Serve with unsalted butter and pure maple syrup, if desired.
- Mix 2 cups mix, 1 1/2 cups water, and 3 tablespoons melted unsalted butter (or coconut oil for vegan or dairy free). Pour onto greased, hot waffle iron and cook according to manufacturer's directions.
Pin this pancake and waffle mix recipe to your favorite boards so you don’t lose it. Use the pin button on the image below (hover to see it on desktop). This would go great on dry mixes boards, breakfast boards, kid meals boards, and more.